Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Who is First in Your Life?

LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING

Today I posted on my Facebook page pictures from some of the exciting, splendid,  moments in my life.  The pictures have in common that they show some of the people and things I love. 

More than anything, or anyone, I love God.  The Bible says, seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you (Matthew 6:33).  Seeking the Kingdom of God means seeking and loving God Himself.

Over the years, I have been blessed to enjoy the company of many wonderful people.  My wife of 35 years, Carol,  grandma Ethel, my family, my friends, my neighbors, my school mates, my associates at various jobs I have had, my school board associates here in Perry County, around the state of Alabama, and around the nation.  I have a beautiful church family.  I deeply miss my mother, Sharon Lynn Smith, and my sister, Ethel Marie Thomas.  We recently lost Aunt Ruby and my niece, Michelle Stokes.  Last year we lost cousin Gladys Mae.  We also lost Willie Mae Cleveland, a teacher in Perry County, Alabama, who was an inspiration to so many.

I have been blessed to travel and see many wonderful places.  God's magnificent creation is so vast, so beautiful, so diverse. 

But my greatest experience has been to know my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.  This singular experience is the one thing that anchors my soul, and gives my life meaning.  It is His love, shown in His death on the cross, and the love of God, the Father, that sustain me, and give me joy.

All Praise to our Heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/02/2013

READ:
1 Chronicles 16
Ezekiel Chapter 28
Galatians Chapters 1-2

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/02/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/02/2013

Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 69

PRAYER
Lord, help me to ALWAYS put you first in my life.  Forgive me for the times when I don't put you first.  In Jesus Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment