For his name's sake
Psalm 23:3b
Psalm 23:b tells us that God is concerned about His name.
There is power in a name. Each of us is known by our
name given to us, usually by our parents.
Most of us take pride in our name.
It identifies us. It has meaning
to us. We are known by our names. God was the first to give names. In the Bible book of Genesis (Chapter 1,
verse 5) we learn that "God called the light Day, and the darkness He
called Night. In Genesis 1:8 "God
called the firmament Heaven" and in Genesis 1:10 "God called the dry
land Earth". Genesis 2:19 tells us
that:
And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the
field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see
what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature,
that was the name thereof.
God's name is Jehovah.
Psalm 83:18 tells us:
That men may know that thou, whose name
alone is JEHOVAH, artthe most high over all the earth.
Please do not think that because God's name if JEHOVAH, that
that means I am endorsing the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not endorsing them. I am simply stating the fact that God's name
is Jehovah.
There is another name I want to talk about. It is the name
of Jesus. The Bible tells in Philippians
2:10:
That at the name of Jesus every
knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in
earth, and things under the earth;
It is the name of Jesus, son of Jehovah God, that I want to
end my talk with. It was His death on
the cross that covers my sins, and makes me clean, and free, and
righteous. I thank God for Jesus.
Psa 23:
[[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh
me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth
me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod
and thy staff they comfort me.
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely
goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in
the house of the LORD for ever.
Daily Bible
Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/23/2013
READ:
2 Chronicles
Chapters 18-19
Daniel Chapter
1
John Chapter 19
Bible
Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/23/2013
Evening
Prayer: 15 minutes
Morning
Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon
Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/23/2013
Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work
(Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 72
PRAYER
Jehovah God, thank you for your name. I exalt your name and the name of your son
Jesus. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment