HE LEADETH ME BESIDE THE STILL WATERS
Psalm
23 lets us know that God wants to lead us.
He is our shepherd, and He knows where the still, peaceful waters
are. The still waters can be the thirst
quenching we need when our throats are parched.
He will lead us there. Like the
Staple Singers said "I'll Take You There". God will take us there, where we need to be,
if we will let him lead us. We cannot be
like the obstinate goat who is self willed, and determined to go his own
way. We must be good sheep, able to be
led, if God is to lead us, because He will not force us to follow Him. One way God leads us is by His Word, the
Bible. If we neglect to read the Word of
God, the Bible, we are in danger of failing to get the message God has for
us. This is why prayerful daily Bible
reading, and frequent Bible study are important, and imperative, if we are to
be properly led by God. We can't
depend on a sermon every Sunday to hear from God.
I
will talk more about Psalm 23 tomorrow.
Psa 23:
[[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh
me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth
me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the
valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy
rod and thy staff they comfort me.
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely
goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in
the house of the LORD for ever.
Daily Bible
Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/20/2013
READ:
2 Chronicles
Chapters 12-13
Ezekiel
Chapter 46
John Chapters
13-14
Bible
Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/20/2013
Evening
Prayer: 15 minutes
Morning
Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon
Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/20/2013
Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work
(Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 71
PRAYER
Lord, help me to follow you, and your Word. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment