Tuesday, October 8, 2013

WHEN I SEE SICK PEOPLE

I SEE SICK PEOPLE


I see sick people from time to time as I go out and about.  I can tell they are sick by the look on their face, the way they move, the shape of their body, or, sometimes a combination of all three.  When I look into a person's eyes, sometimes they look cloudy, or yellow or in some way sickly.  I confess that my reaction should be to pray, and I don't always do that.  So, I want to change that.   I want to practice "Praying Without Ceasing" so that when I see a sick person, I immediately pray for them, silently.  I think that that is what the scripture is talking about when it says pray without ceasing, it means being in prayer mode virtually all the time, everywhere we go, no matter what else we are doing.  I want to see things differently through the eyes of prayer.

We often ask people "how are you" with virtually no real concern for how they really are.  Last week I did this and the lady I was speaking to responded with anger, and hollered back to me "What do you care?"  She could tell that my question was really just saying hello, not a genuine inquiry about her well being.


Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/08/2013

READ:
1 Chronicles 24-25
Ezekiel Chapter 34
Philippians Chapters 1-2

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/08/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/08/2013

Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 70

PRAYER
Lord, help me to pray without ceasing, as you tell us to do in your word in 1 Thessalonians 5:17.  In Jesus Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment