Because God is our Shepherd
Because God is our shepherd, we should be content with what we have. Sure, there are things we would like to have or would like to do. But with faith, we accept God's will, knowing He is a good shepherd, and because He is our shepherd, we do not fret and worry.
These pronouncements from King David tell us what King David believed he should do. King David knew he had responsibility. He had to exercise his free will, and decide what to do. THAT INVOLVED HIS WILL. Therefore he said, "I shall", "I will" and, again "I will". He said "I shall not want", "I will fear no evil", and "I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever". Not only did it involve his will, it involved his confidence, his trust, that because the Lord was his shepherd, he had, 1. No lack of anything. 2. No fear of evil, instead "goodness and mercy" would follow him, all the days of his life, and 3. He had a sure dwelling place, not just for a while, but forever, and that place was "the house of the Lord". A holy place to dwell, living with God in his house, no lack of anything, and no evil to fear. What a peaceful situation.
I will talk more about the 23rd Psalm tomorrow.
Psa 23: [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/18/2013
READ:
2 Chronicles Chapter 9
Ezekiel Chapter 44
John Chapters 11
Bible Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/18/2013
Evening Prayer: 15 minutes
Morning Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/18/2013
Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 71
PRAYER
Lord, thank you for being my Shepherd. Help me to follow you. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment