Monday, October 28, 2013

THY ROD AND THY STAFF

they comfort me
PSALM 23:4b
The word comfort used in Psalm 23:4 means to be sorry, to be moved to pity, and to have compassion.  We all have times when we want to feel that people are concerned about us.  That they care.  When we hurt, we want to know that someone cares.  Unlike people, who are, like each of us, often fickle, our Heavenly Father God is dependable.  He is reliable.  He is Jehovah God, the Almighty.  He cares for us, more than we care for ourselves.  We all like sheep have gone astray, and God comes with his powerful Rod and his strong Staff.  The Rod may be discipline on us, a much needed spanking from our Heavenly Father, it may be to club our enemies, and run them off.  Often our enemies are wolves in sheep's clothing.  Anyone can get fake wool.  His Staff prods and pushes us to go in the right direction, and the hook of His Staff, can grab our necks and pull us out of danger.

God understands us.  He knows our needs.  He feels sorry for us and wants to help His children, the sheep of His pasture.  He is compassionate.  He is the Good Shepherd.


Psa 23:
[[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/28/2013

READ:
2 Chronicles Chapter 25
Daniel Chapter 6
Acts Chapters 5-6

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/28/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/28/2013

Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 72

PRAYER

Jehovah God, I love you.  Thank you for your word.  I am comforted, knowing that you will never leave me, or forsake me.  I know you care about me.  In Jesus Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment