Thursday, October 17, 2013

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;
I SHALL NOT WANT
PSALM 23 VERSE 1
King David, the Psalmist,  said "The Lord is my shepherd".  The shepherd has the responsibility to care for the sheep.  David knew that, because God was in charge, he had nothing to worry about because God would take care of him.  He knew that with God in charge, he would not want for anything, because God would provide.  God provided protection from evil, and food, in the form of good grazing places, and guidance to avoid the danger, and find the food.  God also provided David, and He provides us, with companionship, friendship, and brothers and sisters, fellow "sheep" that form the flock of God.  Therefore, David understood that he would not lack anything.  He would not want for anything. 
Tomorrow I will continue to talk about Psalm 23.

Psa 23: [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/17/2013

READ:
2 Chronicles Chapter 8
Ezekiel Chapter 43
John Chapters 9-10

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/17/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/17/2013

Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 71

PRAYER

Lord, please lead me and guide me.  Be my Shepherd.  Help me to follow you.  In Jesus Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment