Friday, October 4, 2013

Do You Let Young Children See Nudity and Hear Profanity in Movies?

IRON MAN 3


I have discovered a way to watch popular movies, like Iron Man 3, and get the sex, extreme violence, and profanity filtered out.  Clearplay.com sells a DVD player that does the job, and I plan to buy one soon.  We have a local community group that shows movies to the community, and I plan to use the ClearPlay DVD player to show Iron Man 3, with the sex and profanity seamlessly (as the website advertises) filtered out.

I have always had a problem with sex, and profanity in movies.  I cringed through many movies with my children when they were growing up.  But what was I to do?  90% of the movie was great, only 10% was inappropriate for kids.

As Christians, we have a responsibility to screen what our young kids see.  Older kids may be able to handle it, but young kids should not be exposed to sex and profanity.  ClearPlay is the answer.  I will let you know how it goes after I get the ClearPlay DVD player ($199.00 new, $149.00, refurbished).

We wonder why our kids are so messed up.  We let them see and hear things we never heard as kids.  We are messing up their minds. 

Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/04/2013

READ:
1 Chronicles  Chapters 18-19
Ezekiel 30
Galatians Chapters 5-6

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/04/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/04/2013

Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 69

PRAYER
Heavenly Father,  Please bless our Movie Nights.  Please bless the use of  the ClearPlay DVD Player filter to allow us to show the latest releases without the offensive sex and profanity.  In Jesus Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment