Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HE LEADETH ME

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake
Psalm 23:3b

As I look at Psalm 23 line by line, I see that each line has important meaning and relevance to me, and, I think to all of us. 

God leads us up the paths of righteousness.  This implies that there are multiple areas of our lives that require righteousness.  Many paths.  Our work life, our school life, our home life, our church life, our personal life.  Each area of our lives is a distinct path, and God wants each path to be paved with righteousness in our thoughts, and actions, our feelings, and desires.  The great and number one commandment is to Love, the Lord, our God, with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength (Matthew 22:37-40).  The second commandment is like unto the first, it involves love.  We are to love our neighbor as ourselves.  When our path is guided by the Lord our God, and our path is full of God's love and righteousness, how can we go astray?

I will talk more about Psalm 23 tomorrow.


Psa 23: [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
OCTOBER/22/2013

READ:
2 Chronicles Chapters 16-17
Ezekiel Chapter 48
John Chapters 17-18

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
OCTOBER/22/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
OCTOBER/22/2013

Pull Ups - 21
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 72

PRAYER

Lord, thank you for leading me in paths of righteousness.   In Jesus Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment