DRINKING
What's in That Bottle?
Buying BOTTLED Water. It seems like a no brainer. I see people do it all the time. I drink bottled water, but only if someone
else has paid for it. I refuse to spend
money for it.
We have a spring
close to our home, and from that spring comes clean, delicious, clear,
water. I boil it before drinking it to
be on the safe side, but it is not absolutely necessary. I have drunk it without boiling and it did
not hurt me at all.
Our refrigerator has
a water filter and I use the water from the frig for drinking and making
coffee. Regular tap water is treated
with chlorine and other chemicals, and my refrigerator filter removes these
chemicals. It is economical. The filter costs around $30.00 and lasts a
year.
That is why I don't
drink bottled water. I pay a base rate
for my home water service of about $26.00, monthly. That means that if I use no water at all, I
will pay $26.00 just to have the service available. Then I pay $30.00 for a filter on the
refrigerator, annually. Why should I then
go out and purchase water in a bottle?
The cost of plastic bottles and the cost of hauling the water from
production site to the store where I buy it, add up as a cost to society with
land fills full of the plastic, and green house gases from transportation depleting
ozone, and contributing to global warming.
I am no scientist,
and I am probably wrong about some things pertaining to water, global warming,
etc,. But from a practical standpoint, I don't think it makes sense to buy
bottled water. I save the bottles that I
get when I get free bottled water, and refill them. That way I have bottled water, from my
refrigerator tap, filtered by my refrigerator filter, and without going to the
store and buying it.
I see bottled water
everywhere, and I am glad that many people are drinking more water and less
carbonated drinks, sodas, and other money wasters. So bottled water is not all bad. I just want to encourage people to consider
buying "bottled water" in gallon jugs. It is probably cheaper than the smaller
bottles, and you can save some smaller bottles and refill them using the gallon
jug. You will save money, and reduce the
impact of bottled water on society and the environment. Happy drinking!
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
SEPTEMBER/19/2013
READ:
1 Chronicles
Chapter 2
Ezekiel
Chapter 15
Luke Chapter 11
Bible
Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
SEPTEMBER/19/2013
Evening
Prayer: 15 minutes
Morning
Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon
Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
SEPTEMBER/19/2013
Pull Ups - 20
Crunches - 100
Ab Work
(Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 67
PRAYER
Heavenly
Father, Thank you for life giving water. Help us to use this precious resource
wisely. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment