Monday, September 2, 2013

PLANNING TO PLAN

PLANNING TO PLAN

I NEED A PLAN FOR PLANNING

Planning takes time, effort, energy, thinking, a clear mind, and a Plan.  Right.  You have to plan to plan.  Taking time to plan cannot be taken for granted.  It cannot be assumed that you will find the time for planning, just because it needs to be done.  Sure, it is a job, but we are  self employed as we do it, meaning, we are our own boss.   Planning requires self discipline to make sure it happens. 

PLANNING, SCHEDULING, AND GOALS

Planning and scheduling work together.   I plan to get my teeth cleaned, so I schedule an appointment.  My goal is excellent dental hygiene. Definite plans and schedules come from having clear goals. 

My ultimate, singular goal in life is to glorify God.  That means that every area, every part, of my life must please God, and bring glory to Him, and His Son Jesus Christ.  From that one goal I have many sub-goals.  Like excellent dental hygiene.  All of my goals must conform to the one goal - glorify God.   This involves loving, obeying, trusting, fearing, and serving God. 

To accomplish this goal, and the sub-goals associated with it, I have to make a deliberate effort.  My deliberate effort involves planning to do certain things at certain times.  Therefore, I have my goals, my plans, and my schedules.  My schedules implement my plans, and my plans help me reach my goals. 

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

Keeping it simple is one goal.  Therefore I strive to keep my plans simple.  And, like water rolling downhill, I want my schedules to be simple also.

A GOOD PLAN

As in much of life, this is all easier said than done, at times.  But, remember, having plans is the best way to expeditiously reach my goals.  A good plan is like an ounce of prevention.  One ounce is a sixteenth of a pound.  The proverbial ounce of prevention is deemed to be as valuable as sixteen times as much effort devoted to curing a problem.  Similarly, I think a good plan can make it sixteen times as likely that you will reach your goal, compared to trying to reach your goal without a plan.

SETTING PRIORITIES
Reaching goals is all about setting priorities.  What is most important should be prioritized.  Planning is a priority because of its strategic place in my effort to reach my goals.

DAILY PLANNING

In short, to make sure that planning occurs, I need a plan for that, for planning.  I need to set aside regular planning times.  And that is what I plan to do.

Starting today, I plan to schedule 30 minutes of daily planning. 

Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
SEPTEMBER/02/2013

READ:
2 Kings Chapter 7
Lamentations Chapter 3
1 Corinthians Chapter 16

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
SEPTEMBER/02/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
SEPTEMBER/02/2013

Pull Ups - 20
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 64

PRAYER

Lord, my life is in your hands.  My best plans can fail if you do not bless them with your grace and mercy.  Lord, help me to plan prayerfully. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment