ALL TO GLORIFY GOD
PRAYER, BIBLE READING AND STUDY,
EXERCISE
I started the new
year, January 1, 3013, following my Daily Exercise Plan. I have followed it faithfully, and I have
seen great results. My Biceps and Pecs
are noticeably bigger than they were. I
have lost about an inch from my waist. going
from 34 down to 33. My weight has not changed, I still weigh 150. That means I have gained muscle mass. My body is stronger. Read my August 18th blog post for details of
my exercise plan: http://hotsnowflakes.blogspot.com/2013/08/strolling-in-deep-daily-exercise-plan.html
In addition to
muscle mass, I have gained confidence in my ability to stick to a program. My daily exercise has become a habit that I
really don't have to think about, I just do it. My Exercise Plan started out in January taking
only about 5 minutes to complete. Today,
eight months later, it took me roughly
10 minutes, due to the steady weekly and monthly increase in the number of
pushups, pull ups, and ab exercises.
My Daily Prayer
Plan calls for a minimum of one hour of prayer, daily, (two 15 minute prayer
sessions, and a 30 minute session). My
phone timer tells me when my prayer time is over. As Dorothy Norwood sings (check out the you
tube video), "It's Praying Time"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhrdPS0mG8c .
My daily Bible
Reading Plan is a read-through-the Bible-In-A-Year Plan. The daily readings vary a bit in the time it
takes to read them. Today's reading was
about 18 minutes long. I read and listen
at the same time. I have the entire
Bible on my IPhone, and the text auto scrolls as I read it while I listen to a
narrator speak the Word. Bible Study is
set at 30 minutes, daily. So the entire
Bible Reading and Study Plan takes about 45 - 50 minutes a day.
Combined these
three plans take almost 90 minutes of my time at the start of each day (the
noon and evening prayers are scheduled for later in the day, and take an additional
30 minutes). I start early, and because
I strive to put them first, they usually always get done.
I am not a
perfectionist. If I fail to get it all
done, I feel no remorse or regret. For
example, on a couple of days last week, I missed the evening prayer. That's ok.
Tomorrow is a new day, and, if the Lord will, I can try again. But, what I love about having these plans is
that they prioritize Prayer, Bible Reading and Study, and Exercise, all to
glorify God. That is my goal.
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
SEPTEMBER/03/2013
2 Kings Chapter 8
Lamentations Chapter 4
2 Corinthians Chapter 1-2
Bible Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
SEPTEMBER/03/2013
Evening Prayer: 15 minutesMorning Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
SEPTEMBER/03/2013
Pull Ups - 20
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 64
PRAYER
Heavenly Father, Thank you for loving me just as I am. Please accept my efforts to love you, and be
close to you. In Jesus Name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment