Monday, September 16, 2013

NEVER SPEED AGAIN

I'LL NEVER SPEED AGAIN

Speeding is, simply put, being in a hurry.  Rash decisions are often made that would have been different if more time were taken to decide.  Fateful decisions, such as a country going to war against another country, are often rashly made.
This post has a simple message.  Never speed again.  Unless emergency conditions, unique circumstances,  warrant it, I want everyone who reads this post to join me in making this simple promise.  In doing so, you and I will make our own lives safer, and less stressful.  We will also affect others, particularly those who look to us as role models, or leaders.  To start with, I want you to make the decision, right now, that you will never speed again, while driving. 
My last speeding ticket  was given by an Alabama state trooper.   I was radared at 68 mph in a 45 mph speed zone.  This was my first speeding ticket in over 10 years.  But it was not my first time speeding in 10 years.  In fact, I was a habitual speeder.  I got away with speeding without getting a speeding ticket because I learned the highways and the times of day when the roads I traveled were in danger of being monitored by traffic cops.  I prided myself on a good driving record, but the truth was, I was a bad driver. 

As a result of receiving that traffic ticket I was blessed to take the I DRIVE SAFELY driving class ( idrivesafely.com ,  https://www.facebook.com/idrivesafely ), a long tedious, highly informative, comprehensive, and in my humble opinion, essential, learning experience.  Everyone should be required to take this class, whether they have gotten a ticket or not.  I was already committed to driving within the posted speed limit, but the driving class cemented my conviction into stone.  The class explains in great detail the many, many, hazards we face every time we enter a roadway, either as a driver, passenger, or a pedestrian. 
Last of all, at least for this post, are we not supposed to live and learn, to grow wiser as we grow older?  Surely we should improve with age in our understanding, wisdom, and knowledge.  With that in mind, I have made the commitment to never speed again, unless it is a true emergency.

Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
SEPTEMBER/16/2013

READ:
2 Kings Chapters 22-23
Ezekiel Chapter 12
Luke Chapter 8

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
SEPTEMBER/16/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
SEPTEMBER/16/2013

Pull Ups - 20
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 66

PRAYER
Lord, help us to slow down.  Help us not to speed.  In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment