Saturday, August 17, 2013

Think Long Term

VISIT THE DOCTOR

How much weight do you need to lose, or gain?  What is your blood sugar level over time?  What are your cholesterol numbers?  Do you smoke?  How much do you smoke?  What is your blood pressure?  Have you had your colonoscopy (at age 50)?  What about your Mammogram?  These and other health related questions need to be answered before you begin an exercise program.  Visit your doctor.

The doctor needs to give you permission to begin an exercise program.  You may have a condition you are not aware of that could cause serious problems or even death, so  suddenly  starting to exercise, even moderately,  may be bad for you.  No kidding.  Every year there are deaths in snowy areas when people go out and shovel heavy snow, and trigger a heart attack.  I don't want anyone getting hurt following my advice.  Visit your doctor and GET PERMISSION TO START THE EXERCISE.  An ounce of prevention........

Please, adopt my exercise plan/program to suit your needs.  Think long term.   By thinking long term, you can forget about getting quick results.  You don't want quick results, you want a lifestyle change.  That takes time.  But you must start and stay with your plan.  That will be easy if you start out with little or no pressure, doing what you can easily do.  That way, the stress of the exercises will not overwhelm you and make you want to quit. 

GET A PLANNER/CALENDAR

You need a planner/calendar.  You can get one in many stores right now, with schools starting. or order one from DAYTIMER.COM, or FRANKLINPLANNER.COM.  These companies offer planners that start every quarter, such as April 1, July 1, and October 1, and of course, Jan 1.  Actually a simple wall calendar will do to get you started.

Planning insures long term thinking. Planners are useful for keeping up with appointments, planning activities, and having one place to keep information.  They are useful organizational tools.  A good planner will have a separate "one page for each  month" calendar in it.  If you already have a planner, great.  If not, go out and get one, or order one online, ASAP.

Your plan will be for a year, 12 months. You are planning long term. 

I'M GOING OUTSIDE

After posting today's blog entry I will  go outside to do some YARD WORK, the mainstay of my physical activity, aside from the daily exercises I do.

I will split wood, haul wood, hoe in the garden, plant some collard green seeds, pick peas, and several other activities I call YARD WORK.  Yard work time varies on a day to day basis.  Some days I spend 2, 3 or 4 hours, other days, just one hour.  I do yard work nearly everyday.  For simple recreation, I plan to ride my bike.

HERE'S MY (DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
AUGUST/17/2013

Pull Ups - 19
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 62



COME BACK TOMORROW
TO STROLL IN THE DEEP

Tomorrow, I will show you how I wrote out my Daily Exercise Plan, or DEEP, for short.  My DEEP makes it easy for me to stay on track as I follow it.  I'll also tell you more about our garden.  Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment.

PRAYER
Lord, make me a useful vessel.  Thank you for all those who read my writing.  May they be inspired to greatness in their lives, for your Glory.  Guide us all by your Holy Bible and your Holy Spirit.  In Jesus Name, Amen.




1 comment:

  1. Today I did 15 min on the treadmill. I usually do 20 minutes 6-7 days a week. In addition, I have added the armed forces workout warm-up to my routine.

    ReplyDelete