Tuesday, August 20, 2013




EATING

SALADS

CARROTS, CUCUMBERS, Peppers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, now that's what I call a meal.  Topped with salad dressing  a fresh salad is what I call a meal.  A big bowl, not huge, but certainly not small.  All fresh ingredients, not cooked in any way.  That's what I call a meal.  Sure, I love cheeseburgers, hot dogs, French fries, pizza, pork chops, steak, mashed potatoes, and all kinds of other food.  And I like to cook sometimes.  My Red Velvet Cake is the BOMB, if I say so myself.  This past Christmas, I baked ten of them, two layer cakes all, and gave them as Christmas presents.  It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it.  The cakes were rich with butter, cream cheese, and lots of sugar.

CHITTERLINGS

I love to eat a variety of foods.  Chitterlings.  Thanksgiving and Christmas call for Chitterlings.  But I have learned that I have to resist the temptation to eat loosely and freely.  I truly have to watch what I eat.  I have to be careful with my weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, just to name a few.  As I age (57 now), this becomes all the more important. 


A LITTLE MEAT

I discovered that I love salads as a teenager.  I have made it a habit to eat a salad with every dinner.  For the past couple of years, I have made the salad the main course, with a little meat, like chicken, steak, or hamburger, other vegetables, and, maybe, some bread.  That's dinner.  I eat a very light breakfast, or none at all.

FRESH FROM THE GARDEN

I use low fat, or no fat salad dressing, but, sometimes I just eat whatever is available.  I love hot peppers and pickles on salad, and will sometime add diced boiled eggs, diced chicken, or bacon bits. 

There are some fabulous, amazing salad recipes out there, and I plan to start trying some of them.  And I want to start making my own salad dressing.  It is not difficult to do, or very costly.

Having a garden has provided us with fresh from the garden vegetables, especially this year.  In fact, for the past several weeks, I have been basing my salad on ingredients direct from the garden, fresh picked, and eaten the same day.  Fresh vegetables taste great.

I love a cold beer, or a glass of wine before, or with, dinner.  And for dessert, I either have nothing, or some homemade cookies, cake or pie, and ice cream (black walnut is my favorite).  

Eating is fun.  Life is good.

(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
AUGUST/20/2013

Pull Ups - 19
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 63


TOMORROW
Tomorrow I will talk about prayer and how vital it is to have a Daily Prayer Plan.  Thanks for reading.  Please leave a comment.

PRAYER


Thank you, dear Lord, for providing all I need, and many things I want.  Help me to always be content with what I have.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment