Monday, August 19, 2013

MAINTAIN AND GAIN


This is how I started 2013, January 1, my Daily ExercisE Report (DEER) for that date:

30 pushups
100 crunches
12 pull ups
1 minute ab exercises


If God is willing, this is how I will end 2013, December 31, my Daily ExercisE Plan (DEEP) for that date:

82 pushups
23 pull ups
100 crunches
5 minutes ab exercises

MAINTAIN

What is my DEEP for 2014?  We are told to  "stand fast" in the Lord, Philippians 4:1.  "Stand fast" means to stand firm, to persevere, to persist.  This applies directly to exercise.  We cannot afford to lose ground.  We must maintain what we have gained.

GAIN

We must also gain ground.  Psalms 115:14 says " The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children."  It is God's plan for us to grow, to gain, to increase in good things.

DEEP 2014:   MAINTAIN AND GAIN

So as I look ahead to 2014, 135 days away, I want to stand firm, maintain, the gains of 2013.  And plan more gains for 2014.  My goal:  Maintain and gain.  Here is my tentative plan for 2014:

Add a pushup a week throughout 2014, ending 2014 with 134 pushups a day. 
Add a pull up a month throughout 2014, ending 2014 with 35 pull ups a day.
Continue doing 100 crunches a day throughout 2014.
Continue with 5 minutes of ab exercises daily, January - March, 2014.  Increase to  6 minutes of ab exercises April - September 2014.  Increase to 7 minutes of ab exercise October - December 2014 to end the year.

I LIKE IT - LONG TERM

This is basically the same incremental increase plan that I am following now, in 2013.  If it ain't broke.........  This slow but steady increase has been relatively easy for me.  I like it.

So this is how I plan to start 2014 on January 1, my daily exercise:

82 pushups
24 pull ups
100 crunches
5 minutes ab exercises

And  this is how I plan to end 2014 on December 31, my daily exercise:

134 pushups
35 pull ups
100 crunches
7 minutes ab exercises

This long term planning is in keeping with my philosophy and goal of thinking long term.  By having a long term plan, I can see where I am going, and how I will get there.  It gives me focus, and helps to keep me motivated. 

EMAIL ME

If you are interested in starting your own DEEP right now, email me at ekirtdoll@hughes.net and I will help you get started any way I can.
(DEER)
Daily ExercisE Report
MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2013

Pull Ups - 19
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 62

TOMORROW
Tomorrow, I'll talk about my diet. No, I am not trying to lose weight.  I am referring to my regular eating, my diet lifestyle.  It takes two to tango.  Getting and staying fit requires that diet and exercise go hand in hand.  Thanks for reading.  Please leave a comment
PRAYER

Gracious God, Lord of Heaven and Earth, You alone are worthy of our Praise.  Thank you for being God all by Yourself.  Thanks for granting me another day of life.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment