BIBLE READING AND STUDY PLAN
I read the Bible most every day, but I don't have a Bible
reading and study Plan. I am going to
change that. Why? Because reading and studying the Bible should
not be left to chance, it is too vitally important to my spiritual growth. Without regular feeding on God's Word, my
spirit cannot grow. Just as we all need
a diet plan that calls for regular meals
so that we get proper nutrition for our physical bodies, it is even more important that we plan to get proper nutrition for our souls.
PHYSICAL FOOD, SPIRITUAL FOOD
We get physically hungry, so we eat. If we skip one day of eating, we will be
fine, and the same is true if we miss a day of bible reading and study. But repeatedly missing physical meals will
cause us to get sick, eventually. The
same is true of spiritual dining. We
eventually get spiritually sick. Often
we don't know why we are spiritually sick, but, if we are honest with
ourselves, we will admit that we often don't get enough spiritual food.
ONCE A WEEK IS NOT ENOUGH
Many people think that hearing a good message on Sunday at
church is all the spiritual food they need.
None of us think that about eating physical food. Not one person I know eats physical food once
a week on Sunday. Why would anyone think
that eating spiritual food once a week on Sunday is enough?
MY BIBLE READING AND STUDY
PLAN
I have the whole Bible on my Iphone, both text and
audio. My Bible app has a "read
through the Bible in a year "Daily Reading" program" included,
and many other features. It is KJV. I will use it to listen to and read the Daily
Bible Reading. In addition I will devote
30 minutes daily, to Bible Study.
.........DO ALL TO THE GLORY
OF GOD
1 Cor. 10:31
I will add my Daily
Bible Reading and Study Report to my daily blog. I already report daily on prayer and exercise. Knowing that I will report these activities
daily, motivates me to make sure they get done. It is a type of accountability. Ultimately, though, my reports are for God's
glory. He is the reason I do this. I want my life to honor God.
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
AUGUST/25/2013
1 Kings Chapter 20
Jeremiah Chapter 47
1 Corinthians Chapter 6
Bible Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
AUGUST/25/2013
Evening Prayer: 15 minutesMorning Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
AUGUST/25/2013
Pull Ups - 19
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 63
PRAYER
Lord God, may all I do glorify you. In Jesus Name. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment