Wednesday, August 21, 2013

PLANNING TO PRAY

I consider prayer vital, critical, and absolutely necessary for my well being.  My prayer life does not have a written plan, right now, and I want to change that. 

The confidence I have gained from following my Daily Exercise Plan, has led me to examine other areas of my life, and to ask myself "would this area benefit from following a written plan, daily"?    I see and feel, in my body,  the positive results of daily exercise.  My body has changed, for the better. 

EVEN WHEN I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT

To get these results, I exercise even when I don't feel like exercising.  I looked at my prayer life.  Shouldn't I also pray even when I don't feel like praying?  Would my prayer life benefit from following a written plan, daily?  Don't get me wrong.  I already have regular times of daily prayer. But, is it enough?

NO OFFENSE

 I hope no one is offended by open discussion of my personal prayer life.  I realize that in the Bible we are told not to brag about how much we pray, and to pray to our Father in secret.    Trust me, my prayer life is nothing to brag about.  I really want to improve it. 

PRAYER IS SO IMPORTANT

I believe that prayer is so important, much more important than physical exercise, diet, working a job, family, or anything else, except God Himself.  That is because, prayer is communication with God.  Having a plan for communicating with God makes sense to me.  I want to devote more time to prayer.  And I want to increase my focus on God during prayer.  I want more of my prayers to be more intense, more heartfelt. 

PLAN TO DO BETTER

Has anyone fell asleep while praying?  I have.  Does anyone fall asleep at bedtime while praying?  I do, on occasion.  I want to do better.  I think I do better when I plan to do better.


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
AUGUST/21/2013

Pull Ups - 19
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 63


TOMORROW

Pray with me and for me as I begin this process.  Think about it.  I am praying about praying, and I am asking you to do the same.    Tomorrow, I will  begin the process of developing my Daily Prayer Plan. Thanks for reading.  Please leave a comment.

PRAYER


Heavenly Father, create in me a clean heart, and renew in me a right spirit.  In Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment