EMERGENCY PLANS
BEING PREPARED
Everyone needs to be prepared for emergencies. Depending on where you live natural disasters can occur without much time for preparation. Hurricane season started June 1, and ends November 30. The peak of the Atlantic Hurricane season is about September 10th. This year's hurricane season is off to one of the slowest starts on record. That does not mean we can write it off. Hurricane Katrina struck 8 years ago this week. According to the National Hurricane Center (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov) there is, at present, no tropical cyclone activity, and none expected in the next 48 hours.
HURRICANE PREPARATION
The National Hurricane Center encouraged hurricane preparation back during National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 26 - June 1, 2013.
Here is a link to the National Hurricane Centers Preparedness Guide:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/hurricane/resources/TropicalCyclones11.pdf
Here is a link to the National Hurricane Center's banner, encouraging "Be Prepared - Get a Plan":
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/nhpwBanner2013.jpg
WEATHER, FIRE, HOME, CAR
While there is such a thing as being over prepared, I think most of us would agree that, for emergency situations, it is better to be over prepared than under prepared. Whether it is the weather, or fire, in the home, or in the car, everyone needs to have emergency plans and supplies to deal with emergencies.
MY EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLANS
In the next few blog posts, I will examine my own emergency preparedness, I will share with you what I have already done, what I am doing, and what I plan to do, to be prepared for emergencies. Emergencies can be life threatening. In some cases, being prepared can make the difference between life and death.
Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
AUGUST/27/2013
1 Kings Chapter 22
Jeremiah Chapter 49
1 Corinthians Chapter 8-9
Bible Study: 30 minutes
Daily Prayer Report
AUGUST/27/2013
Evening Prayer: 15 minutesMorning Prayer: 30 minutes
Noon Prayer: 15 minutes
(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
AUGUST/27/2013
Pull Ups - 19
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 4 minutes
Push Ups - 64
PRAYER
Heavenly Father, help me to plan wisely for emergencies. In Jesus Name.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment