Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Six Pack Abs

YOUR HEALTH
AT A GLANCE

Since January 1, 2013 I have increased my daily exercise on a schedule that I set at the start of the year.  I am grateful to Jehovah God for blessing me to remain on this schedule of gradual incremental increase throughout this year.  As the year draws to a close, I want to share with you where I have come from, where I am going, and where I am.

I started January 1, 2013,with 30 daily pushups, and increasing weekly, I am up to 74 daily pushups today.  By December 31, 2013 I will be up to 82 daily push ups.

I started January 1, 2013 with one minute of daily crunches, plus 100 crunches, and increasing the one minute on a monthly schedule.  I  am up to five minutes of daily crunches, plus 100 crunches.  I will continue this schedule of exercise through December 31, 2013. 

I started January 1, 2013 with 12 daily pull ups, and increasing monthly, I am up to 22 daily pull ups today.  By December 31, 2013 I will be up to 23 daily pu11 ups.

As a result of this gradual incremental increase, and consistently exercising daily, I have been able to gain great confidence in my ability to stick to a plan.  I have seen my Pecs (chest muscles) become bigger and more defined.  I have seen my biceps (upper arm muscles) grow stronger, and become more vascular.  I have seen my abdominal muscles become a defined six pack of Ab muscles.  My love handles are almost gone.

These results have taken most of this year to become reality.  At age 58, I have desired this type of body build, and now I can see it.  I thank the Lord for it.  He has given me the ability and strength to follow a plan, and see the results I desire.

I am launching the LET'S GET SERIOUS HEALTH PLAN - 2014 in December of this year.  I will be following the plan myself with a new plan for the coming year.  I want many of you to join me.  It does not matter what your goal is.  For some it is weight loss, for others, stop smoking, some may need to gain weight.  For those who lose weight, there may be the desire to gain muscle, as I have done.  My weight has remained about the same.  Yet, I have muscles I did not have before. 

It is time to get serious about our health.  It is not about looks, even though looks are important.  It is about being healthy.

Let's get serious.



THE LET'S GET SERIOUS HEALTH PLAN - 2014 SPREAD SHEET
Talk with your doctor before beginning ANY diet
Present
One Year
Three
Six
Nine
One
or exercise program, especially if you have been
Health
Health
Month
Month
Month
Year
leading a sedentary lifestyle.
Info
GOAL
Info
Info
Info
Info
DATES






Name__________________________________













Age













Minutes of Exercise a Week













Height













Weight













Shirt or Blouse Size













Pants Size (Waist)













Dress Size (Women)













Neck Measurement for Shirts (Men)













T-Shirt Size













Blood Pressure













Blood Glucose













Are You Diabetic?






If you are Diabetic, what type of Diabetes do you have?













Talk with your doctor before beginning ANY diet
Present
One Year
Three
Six
Nine
One
or exercise program, especially if you have been
Health
Goals
Month
Month
Month
Year
leading a sedentary lifestyle.
Conditions

Results
Results
Results
Results
DATES






Body Mass Index - Use the calculator at the web site below:



















Resting Heart Rate - Check web site below to calculate it.




 














Target Heart Rate Check web site below to calculate it.



















Cholesterol - Good Kind













Cholesterol - Bad Kind













Tobacco Use?  YES/ NO






AMOUNT DAILY:  1/2 PACK   1 PACK   TWO PACKS













Do you drink alcoholic beverages?  YES OR NO






If you do drink alcoholic beverages, how many, daily?













Are you:  Normal Weight?  Overweight? Obese? Calculate at website:



















Preventive Care - HAVE YOU HAD THESE?






ANNUAL - Mammogram (Women)   YES/NO






ANNUAL - Prostate Exam and PSA  (Men)   YES/NO






(at age 50) Colonoscopy  YES/NO






Any needed vaccines - FLU, PNUEMONIA, DPT   YES/NO








LET'S GET SERIOUS.  That is the name of a great song by Jermaine Jackson, one of the original Jackson Five.  It is also the name of the LET'S GET SERIOUS Health Plan 2014.  Kick off of the plan is scheduled for Monday, December 1, 2013.  Those who will be participating should make all necessary preparations to GET SERIOUS about their health.  No excuses.  Whatever your current health status, there is room for improvement.  All of us want to be better than we are right now.  As we age, we will naturally lose some muscle mass, and we are all gong to die one day, no matter what.  However, what we do every day has a direct bearing on the quality and may even influence the quantity of our days on this Earth.


MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND IN MY BLOG POST ON OCTOBER 29, 2013, SO LOOK THERE. 

You can also just EMAIL ME AT hotsnowflake@hughes.net  to get a copy of the spreadsheet.

 Let me know if you have any questions.


Daily Bible Reading and Study Report
NOVEMBER/05/2013

READ:
2 Chronicles Chapter 34
Hosea Chapter 2
Acts Chapters 16-17

Bible Study:  30 minutes




Daily Prayer Report
NOVEMBER/05/2013
Evening Prayer:  15 minutes
Morning Prayer:  30 minutes
Noon Prayer:       15 minutes  


(DEER)
Daily Exercise Report
NOVEMBER/05/2013

Pull Ups - 22
Crunches - 100
Ab Work (Crunches, leg lifts, bicycling legs) - 5 minutes
Push Ups - 74

PRAYER

Lord God, help us to be serious about improving our health.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment